Author Topic: New Guy Alert!  (Read 1128 times)

Offline KidFlash25

• Stats:
    ▲ 154.06 GB
    ▼ 475.86 GB
    (φ 0.32)
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • KidFlash25 just got cleats.
New Guy Alert!
« on: May 27, 2014, 09:09:22 PM »
Hello!

Just discovered this forum, and as someone who's always on the lookout for old MLS/US Soccer matches and stuff, a sincere thank you. While I can find other spots on the Internet to sate my interest in Charlton Athletic and English soccer in general, finding Red Bulls/Nats (and maybe even Rhinos!) games can be hard out there. So for that, you have my gratitude.

I do have a question, though: I'm curious as to what's considered good etiquette as to the files we download and seed? A week? A month? Thanks!

Offline RyFryy

• Global Mod
  • Stats:
    ▲ 6.72 TB
    ▼ 611.24 GB
    (φ 11.25)
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • RyFryy just got cleats.
  • Who dares, wins.
Re: New Guy Alert!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 09:54:32 PM »
Hello and welcome!  If you mean the Rochester Rhinos, feel free to add some of their matches to the schedule page.  I believe they stream matches, and a few members here can usually upload those no problem.

In regards to seeding etiquette, if you can seed forever that is the best!   :P  I say this because sometimes people ask for reseeds on old torrents.  But I know that's not always ideal for members.  Honestly though it can depend on the match.  USMNT games are usually the most popular torrents so seeding those for at least a week is always a good idea.  Then you've got MLS matches that usually do not need to be seeding for a week, a few days cuts it in most cases.

Just try to avoid doing a hit and run.  :)
------------------------------------------
du Nord | Yanks Abroad | Over There | The Cup
------------------------------------------

Offline KidFlash25

• Stats:
    ▲ 154.06 GB
    ▼ 475.86 GB
    (φ 0.32)
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • KidFlash25 just got cleats.
Re: New Guy Alert!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 10:09:13 PM »
Hello and welcome!  If you mean the Rochester Rhinos, feel free to add some of their matches to the schedule page.  I believe they stream matches, and a few members here can usually upload those no problem.

In regards to seeding etiquette, if you can seed forever that is the best!   :P  I say this because sometimes people ask for reseeds on old torrents.  But I know that's not always ideal for members.  Honestly though it can depend on the match.  USMNT games are usually the most popular torrents so seeding those for at least a week is always a good idea.  Then you've got MLS matches that usually do not need to be seeding for a week, a few days cuts it in most cases.

Just try to avoid doing a hit and run.  :)

Thanks. Yes, I was referring to the Rochester Rhinos... although I really meant their late 90s/early 00s heyday (someone out there had to tape a few of those Empire Sports/Prime broadcasts, right?). But that's okay.

Unfortunately, my HD is only so big, so I don't think seeding forever can be done. :P However, I'd be happy to give it a week or two, depending on the file's activity. I appreciate the advice, regardless.