▼ 80.84 GB
    (φ 13.62)
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Saeyddthe just got cleats.
  • FIRE !!!
Hey!
« on: February 05, 2014, 01:32:25 AM »
Hope it's okay if I post here...forum looks too clean!  :-X

Glad the site is back. Lotta stuff is missing, but in some ways, it's kinda fun to start over!  8)

Offline fizban

• Administrator
  • Stats:
    ▲ 231.08 GB
    ▼ 152.81 GB
    (φ 1.51)
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • fizban just got cleats.
Re: Hey!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 02:21:24 PM »
No of course it's what it's for!

Welcome Back! (again)  8)

Offline calvinjoustra

• Stats:
    ▲ 169.31 GB
    ▼ 276.35 GB
    (φ 0.61)
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • calvinjoustra just got cleats.
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 09:06:12 PM »
So glad I found this site! I've found other sites that I can download full games from across the pond (Barcelona and Newcastle to be specific), but nothing for the MLS, until now! Last season was a killer, and not just because I am a Columbus fan. I was not able to watch many games due to my work schedule, but his changes everything. Thanks!

Any words of wisdom, things I should be sure to do, and/or rules adhere to?

Offline RyFryy

• Global Mod
  • Stats:
    ▲ 6.72 TB
    ▼ 611.24 GB
    (φ 11.25)
  • RyFryy just got cleats.
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 09:23:36 PM »
First of all, WELCOME!  ;D

The best thing you can do is seed the torrents you download.   The more you seed, the more not only you but the site benefits.  You will get points for seeding which you can spend in the store and more seeders means quicker downloads for others!  I know it's not always possible for everyone to leave their PC on all night but if you can it's helpful to be seeding.
------------------------------------------
du Nord | Yanks Abroad | Over There | The Cup
------------------------------------------

Offline fizban

• Administrator
  • Stats:
    ▲ 231.08 GB
    ▼ 152.81 GB
    (φ 1.51)
  • fizban just got cleats.
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 09:47:36 PM »
So glad I found this site! I've found other sites that I can download full games from across the pond (Barcelona and Newcastle to be specific), but nothing for the MLS, until now! Last season was a killer, and not just because I am a Columbus fan. I was not able to watch many games due to my work schedule, but his changes everything. Thanks!

Hey welcome to USASA!  8)

I would say, as far as what you should expect and what would help you here is this:

Keep your ratio up.
We don't ban people for poor ratio at all, but you may have to wait an hour or two if your ratio is bad.
That's mostly so uploaders can use their bandwidth for peers that they know will continue to share their files at high speeds to people after they've finished the torrent themselves. A lot of our uploaders do several torrents at once sometimes, so that helps everyone in the end. And we also allow ALL Members to upload, so they don't all have very big bandwidth. (and even if you have to wait a bit, the actual download speed will be very very high. We have some very good seeders here ;) )

Also if you find something somewhere else, consider sharing it here too. Even if it's just links, there are many people here who would appreciate the info, at the very least. (but you should always get permission from the original source first if that's possible ;) )

There is a USASA Bonus Store.
YiS has done a really good job of making sure that a lot of things are rewarded for just participating in the site, like comments, rating torrents, and most importantly uploading and filling requests. Bonus points can be traded in for things like upload credit (for your ratio) or self titles or signatures, or even VIP for a month if you save them up a bit. ;)

One really awesome thing that I am personally excited about for this website is that it isn't just how it's going to be already. YiS is very willing to change a whole lot of things just when people ask for it.
He's added everything that anyone has asked for already, and now (I hope I'm not jumping the gun too much, since I'm pretty sure members can see it already) offering personal blog space for anyone who asks for it. That should happen soon too.
I happen to know, just from personal experience, that if you offer to do something for the site, and you follow through on it, he will actually give you whatever you want to do that.

Sorry if that comes off a little strong...but I'm really looking forward to the blogs, cuz I am going to use the crap out of that lol.

Offline YiS

• Get your Custom Title in the USASA Bonus Store!!
  • Main
  • Stats:
    ▲ 1.97 TB
    ▼ 367.71 GB
    (φ 5.48)
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • YiS just got cleats.
  • Personal Text?
    • AmericanSoccerArchives
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 02:29:16 AM »
Wow, thanks for the nice words. :)

And yes, I will be "announcing" the blogs as soon as the forums themselves are ready for it. ;)
Signature...